How to Move Beyond Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and Towards Authentic Digital Inclusion
Do you feel distracted by a suite of automated tools, pages of report data, and feedback on improvement that you released weeks ago? If your antidote is achieving Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 AA conformance, you may be leaving more people behind than you think.
Accessibility and digital inclusion can be easier.
In this presentation, the American Foundation for the Blind, Kalamuna, and Pantheon will discuss how organizations can lead with strategic, iterative approaches, and usability-centric development policies and processes to achieve digital accessibility.
After this session, you’ll be able to:
- Understand why usability is the most important component in an organization’s accessibility approach
- Begin incorporating usability in development and design
- Focus on the most important workflows for usability
- Apply policies and processes that are so critical to ensuring digital inclusion
- Create knowledge transfer in your teams to sustain authentic digital inclusion